Pokemon League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon League

Here is the official forum for eternaforest.wix.com/pokemonleague

The Eternaforest.forumotion.com forums will officially close on May 9th, at 11:59 PM EST. The forums had a good run, it really did. But as all things do, they have to end. Another failed pokemon forum attempt. Nothing I could have done would have changed this. All the staff stopped posting, stopped visiting. Maybe this is for the best. I would like to thank every single member for joining, and the staff for bringing up the forums. if you are a member please message me on my marriland forum account, or message me at: eternaforest@yahoo.com. Thank you.

2 posters

Newsletter 4

Poll

Who should be given the honor to write the newsletters next wek?

[ 1 ]
    Newsletter 4 Vote_lcap133%Newsletter 4 Vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    Newsletter 4 Vote_lcap10%Newsletter 4 Vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Poll closed
    Eternaforest
    Eternaforest
    Admin

Newsletter 4 Empty Newsletter 4

Post by Eternaforest Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:22 pm

SUNDAY MARCH 16,2014

This is the only newsletter i am going to write this week. Genericsandwich has been given the honor of writing the newsletters.

Who will write them next week? Vote in the poll above to figure that out! If you have not posted in the last two weeks you were not visited since march 8th, you were not entered into the poll.
    Genericsandwich
    Genericsandwich
    Co-Owner of the Forums

Newsletter 4 Empty Newsletter 3/17/14

Post by Genericsandwich Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:36 pm

Today I am going to introduce a self imposed challenge to make the Pokémon Series more difficult and possibly more interesting, that you've might have heard of called the Nuzlocke (*I didn't create this*). This challenge makes it so that when you catch a Pokémon you'll cherish it more than ever, battles are more intense and grab your attention, and the game shakes your emotions like a Yo-Yo, Here are the Rules:
    1. You can only catch the 1st Pokémon per route/town/area/cave/whatever.
    2. When Pokémon faint they DIE, and they can never be used again and must be released or permanently put into a PC box.
    3. All Pokémon must be nicknamed. They aren't just randoms you know!
    These 3 personal rules lead to amazingly fun situations, teams, personalities you make for your Pokémon, stories, and more! I have attempted 4 Nuzlockes and never completed a single one, but it's so fun I keep trying anyway. The amounts of random in this is gigantic! From your teams, to your situations, to the amount of death you have, (critical hits) the challenge is unpredictable at times, but it does keep you on edge knowing your whole team could DIE at any moment. In conclusion, I think the Nuzlocke is a fantastic way to make your Pokémon games harder and maybe even more awesome!
    Genericsandwich
    Genericsandwich
    Co-Owner of the Forums

Newsletter 4 Empty Newsletter 3/18/14

Post by Genericsandwich Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:42 pm

I have a riddle for you! Who wears a kimono, loves making flower arrangements, and sometimes sleeps in her gym? Erika, the "The Nature-Loving Princess!"! (The following information's resource is Bulbapedia: The Ultimate in Pokémon Knowledge) Erika is the 4th gym leader of the Indgo League or Kanto (Can-tow) League meaning, she appears in the following Pokémon games: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Firered, Leafgreen, Heartgold, Soulsilver, also she appears as an Gym Leader in Black and White 2's The Pokémon World Tournament. Her personality is mentioned in most media is quiet and polite, however in the "Pokémon Adventures" manga (That I wholeheartedly recommend reading) she is a college professor that practices archery, quite different than her usual actions. Her Pokémon consist of grass types like the Oddish line and the Exeggcute line, but oddly her Fr/Lg Fame Checker profile says: "I would never collect Pokémon if they were unattractive." so this kinda defeats the porpoise of having a weed with eyes and a mouth. (I LOVE NUPTUP THOUGH!) Now for a little trivia!
    1. As you can see in her sprites through the game series, Erika is always wears a kimono (traditional japanese dress) wherever she goes.
    2. In every game she's in, Erika has at least 1 Pokémon that knows a sleep induceing move.
    So today's question is "Who is your favorite Gym Leader?" and I'll see you all later!
    Genericsandwich
    Genericsandwich
    Co-Owner of the Forums

Newsletter 4 Empty Newsletter 3/19/14

Post by Genericsandwich Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:59 pm

You know, Pokémon was always the powerhouse it still is today. But there was a time before all of this Facebook or Youtube, i'm not saying it was better because there was only 151 Pokémon. So here are my opinions on Generation 1! First, the Pokémon. Gen 1's Pokémon are ether hit or they didn't hit the ball with me. Let me explain, I LOVE Dragonite; I HATE Lickitung; I am indifferent about Goldeen; and I don't know what Female Mr.Mime are. Now, the region! Kanto kinda bothers me a little, I think it has little variety between the Various grass routes to its "Big" cities, but it does have various landmarks like Pokémon Tower and the....the...no..been replaced...ug and Nugget Bridge so there's that. Finally, other stuff! The games were broken! (BUY LEAFGREEN) The anime was classic! Charizard is overrated! So is Mew2! Does anyone remember the sheer amount of not rememberable Pokémon like Kingler or Seadra? (Not Kingdra) And the Question of the day is..."What is your favorite part about Generation 1?" and I'll see you all later!
    Eternaforest
    Eternaforest
    Admin

Newsletter 4 Empty Re: Newsletter 4

Post by Eternaforest Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:27 pm

BREAKING NEWS:
    -The Eternaforest.forumotion.com forums has officially postponed the second tournament until June 2014. Signup deadline has been extended to May 23rd.
    -The Writer of Next Weeks Newsletters has not been decided due to a 3 way tie. Using his Champion Powers, Eternaforest declared Sazandora the winner of the election. We are waiting for official conformation from Saznadora, on the Newsletter discussion, to accept this role for next week.
    -Tournament 3 has been postponed until July 3rd. It will be the "American Tournament" Signup will begin April 1st.
    Genericsandwich
    Genericsandwich
    Co-Owner of the Forums

Newsletter 4 Empty Newsletter 3/20/14

Post by Genericsandwich Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Today, I will talk about a Pokémon that I have recently discovered is kinda cute....I'M ALLOWED TO SAY THAT!!! But anyway, today we will be talking about Gen 2's obligatory normal type, Furret! (The following information's resource is Bulbapedia: The ultimate source of Pokémon Knowledge!)
    Furret is a Pokémon whose pre-evolution can be encountered very early in your Johto journeies, also Furret is an evolution you'll be seeing quite early in your adventure too, as it evolves at level 15. Like all normal type Pokémon, Furret has a great movepool, but sadly it won't be able to use most of it because of its stats. Here is where the review gets harsh, so cover your ears! Furret has HORRID stats for a fully evolved Pokémon, it has 415 combined base stat total, the same as Dunsparce! The worst part? It learns very little to use wherever Attack and Speed it has. In fact I'll recommend a moveset of my own!
    Brick Break, Hone Claws, Return, and U-turn
    U-turn for escape; Brick Break for other normal types; Hone Claws for boosted stats; and Return for a STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) move. But there is a good part for Furret yet! Most Pokédex intries say "Its long, skinny body makes its nests impossible to reach." or "Thier mother puts its children to sleep by curling around them." *Crying* JUST TOO CUTE! Before I have a cute breakdown, the question of the day is: "What do you think the cutest Pokémon is? Why?" and I'll see you all later! CUTE!!!!
    Eternaforest
    Eternaforest
    Admin

Post by Eternaforest Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Due to the fact that Genericsandwich has not yet posted a newsletter, I am going to post a few events that are about to happen. Genericsandwich will likely post his newsletter after this.
    1. On Monday we have a new rule going into affect. Guests that do not have membership or members who have not yet signed in, will no longer be able to view most of the forums.
    2. Members will now receive 200 points and be entered into a monthly giveaway.
    3. Remember to join tournament 2.

Thanks!
    Genericsandwich
    Genericsandwich
    Co-Owner of the Forums

Newsletter 4 Empty Newsletter 3/21/14

Post by Genericsandwich Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:35 pm

(I was gonna talk about Mega Evolution, but I took a nap...sorry.) Instead of talking about Pokémon, today I am going to talk a game that is very very very nostalgic to me, that game is Earthbound. Earthbound was an AMAZING RPG for the SNES (Super Nintendo Enertainment System) that was made in 1994, the game is also now downloadable off of the Wii U E-shop! Very Happy 
    Let's talk story! *NOTE: these are only the basics of the story, they're more story-like in the game*
    You are Ness, a boy who lives in Onett in Eagleland, who is awoken by a meteor landing like 12 feet away from his house, you check out the meteor crash site, which is engulfed in cops then go back home. Then in the middle of the night, Ness hears knocking on his door by his friend and neighbor, Porky. Porky says he has lost his brother in the crash site and that is when the story unfolds....
    STORY OVER!
    I used to watch my brother play it all of the time, plus I played it in japanese recently. So now I can give an review!
    but it won't do the game justice to give a review with "this" much space, so next newsletter we will be reviewing Earthbound: a cult classic! Today's question is: "What will you be doing this weekend?" and I'll see you guys later!
    Genericsandwich
    Genericsandwich
    Co-Owner of the Forums

Newsletter 4 Empty Newsletter 3/21/14

Post by Genericsandwich Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:15 pm

(NOTE: THIS Praise "REVIEW" IS SOMEWHAT BIASED BY A MOTHER FANBOY! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)
    Earthbound's gameplay isn't spectacular, just a ordinary SNES RPG. But its personality is where it shines!
    In this game you'll see stuff like a ordinary town to a neon city to a man the size of a pyramid; people say stuff like "Fuzzy Pickles" or "Dakota" for almost no reason; you fight a sprout that is a trillion years old!
    Also, the game's music is catchy and awesome, you'll remember tracks from the game for years.
    The game's writing is brilliant! But it might take an adult's taste to fully enjoy.
    And the visuals are comedic, bright and colorful, and match the area and tone perfectly.
    The people you meet are entertaining and have some amount of story.
    There are twists and turns in the story.
    The gameplay is just like a SNES RPG. Not better or worse.
    There are problems but they don't ruin the experience, so uh...Go play this game!
    (MOTHER 3 IS BETTER) *Also note, this is my opinion of the game and you might see it differently*

The question of the day is "What game do you want EVERYONE to play?" and I'll see you guys later!
    Eternaforest
    Eternaforest
    Admin

Post by Eternaforest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Hey Thanks genericsandwich for writing the newsletters this week!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:46 am