Pokemon League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon League

Here is the official forum for eternaforest.wix.com/pokemonleague

The Eternaforest.forumotion.com forums will officially close on May 9th, at 11:59 PM EST. The forums had a good run, it really did. But as all things do, they have to end. Another failed pokemon forum attempt. Nothing I could have done would have changed this. All the staff stopped posting, stopped visiting. Maybe this is for the best. I would like to thank every single member for joining, and the staff for bringing up the forums. if you are a member please message me on my marriland forum account, or message me at: eternaforest@yahoo.com. Thank you.

2 posters

Newsletter 5

Eternaforest
    Eternaforest
    Admin

Newsletter 5 Empty Newsletter 5

Post by Eternaforest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:42 pm

This week's newsletters are to be written by sazandora
    Sazandora
    Sazandora
    Admin

Newsletter 5 Empty Re: Newsletter 5

Post by Sazandora Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Today's newsletter will be Normal types. Normal type pokémon are the most versatile of any other type since they normally have the widest move pool and they also only have one weakness. Despite not having an advantage on their own against the other types, Normal types can still be formidable in battle, two very good examples would be:
    1. Miltank
    2. Furfrou

First, all three of Miltank's abilities gives it the opportunity to be... well, a tank but a fast tank with a base speed of 100. With Thick Fat to reduce damage from Fire/Ice moves, Scrappy allowing it to hit ghosts with Normal/Fighting moves and Sap Sipper making it immune to Grass moves. I once had the pleasure of battling a Milktank trained by our own Eternaforest which was able to go toe to toe with my Garchomp thanks to a paralysis from Body Slam and self-healing from Milk Drink.

Second, would be the Poodle Pokémon Furfrou. Now with 60 base Defense you're probably thinking that training a Furfrou would be a waste of time but I can't tell you how many times it's ability Fur Coat has surprised me. If you don't know Fur Coat is an ability that cuts the damage from physical attacks in half and with the move Cotton Guard, you can boost it's defense even higher. Teach it Return for a strong STAB which has a maximum power of 102, coincidentally the same as Furfrou's base speed. Plus, there are so may different hairstyles for Furfrou at the salon in Lumiose City.
    Sazandora
    Sazandora
    Admin

Post by Sazandora Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm feeling nostalgic today the clock to the 2nd generation and focus on Pokemon Gold and Silver. The sequal to the RBY was perfected with a day and night system, better coloring graphics and of course more Pokémon. It's also the first game to feature roaming legendaries, Entei and Raikou. Actually the best part for me was going back to the Kanto region and challenge the old gym leaders, actually would have a lot better if they had Silver challenge you more while in Kanto. I even caught my first shiny, a purple or lavender, Furret (GenericSandwich) . Let us know the best part of the 2nd gen for you in the newsletter disccusion topic.
    Sazandora
    Sazandora
    Admin

Post by Sazandora Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Today, I'll be writing about pokemon fanfics and RP's.

First up is fanfiction. When you write your own pokemon story you can tell it however way you want by using characters you created or ones from the show. For example, say you thought that Pikachu and Buneary make a cute couple and they should be together, well you could write a story where Dawn comes to visit Ash while he's travelling in the Kalos region. Now that you have an idea you should always keep these things in mind:

1. Have lots of details for description. (What characters look like, the environment, character's feelings, etc.)
    2. Remember to spell check.
    3. Keep people in character.

If you don't know what an RP (Role-playing) is when a group 2 or more authors get together and write a story, it can be an epic tale of awesome sauce or hilarious misadventure. I myself have participated in a number of RP's and I can tell you from personal experience they're always a good laugh and a lot of fun. If you want to try out a role-playing join Sandwich and I in the Dungeon of Eterna thread over in the Stuff forum.
    Eternaforest
    Eternaforest
    Admin

Post by Eternaforest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Weekly News Update:
    1. Our forums are undergoing changes in look and layout. Several posts will be deleted, so if you notice your post count and points go down a few, don't worry!
    2. I will be rewriting the rules tomorrow.
    3. Saturday the forums will be down for several hours while I attempt to do some MAJOR changes in some things.

4. Tournament 3 is now up! Sign up today!
    5. Giveaway for this month is on Saturday! Users that can win the prize: Genericsandwich, Sazandora, Garchomp, ShinyUmbreon, and anyone who joins before Noon Saturday (eastern time)
    Sazandora
    Sazandora
    Admin

Post by Sazandora Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Sorry for not posting yesterday but my Wifi at home is currently acting up and I won't be able to log on from my home for a few days so I probably won't be able to write any more newsletters for the rest of the week. Again, my sincerest apologies.
    Eternaforest
    Eternaforest
    Admin

Post by Eternaforest Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Okay! Thats fine!

QUIZ:
    1) Who is the first gym leader in the Hoenn Region?
    2) What pokemon is number 333?
    3) What is the fifth region created called (main series)?
    4) Who is the second champion?
    5) Who is the second Dragon type Elite four member? (careful! This one is tricky!)
    6) What is your favorite region and why? (extra credit)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:59 am